Tuesday 30 August 2011

The day

Yesterday I buried my special only brother, and I am not going to work tomorrow as I just can't face it. 

I have just started using Magnolia Tilda collection stamps and have been practicing the distress reinker painting technique.  I have been spending a lot of time looking on the internet for the suppliers of the stamps and have purchased about 10 from America.

I received my order from America today with all my new Magnolia stamps so I am looking forward to creating some new cards.  I have to make a card for my son who is getting married in October and I am going to use my loving couple stamp and the rose arbour background.

I have been experimenting with painting my Magnolia stamps and have been following the tutorials by a few bloggers.  I have included a card that I created for my friend who recently turned 60.


Here are my mushrooms for you to judge - I think they are a little bit dark underneath and am going to have another go at painting them.



I am trying to get my light source and shading right - my Tilda below is okay, but you have to be really carefull that you don't overdo the colour.



Edwin I am really happy with - I think I got the shading pretty right and I love his jeans and roll up hem and shoes.




2 comments:

  1. Welcome! So nice to see you on blog land. Hope you are coping ok with your loss. I know how you are feeling and hope you are doing ok. *hugs*

    Nxo

    ReplyDelete