Wednesday 23 November 2011

First Challenge

Well, it is Wednesday and I have been working on my first Magnolia Down Under Challenge.  I have been inspired by my daughter, Amelia, who is doing some amazing work with her card making.

This challenge requires us to follow a particular layout and I have made my card using Lightening Edwin, painted with brown tones with Distress Reinkers.  I used a combination of vintage photo and tattered rose for the skin, frayed burlap for the clothes and walnut for hair and shoes.

It is kind of exciting, but also nerve wracking to put your stuff out there for criticism.





I hope you like what you see with my Lightening Edwin Christmas Card.



Australia's Junior Masterchef finale is on tonight and I have to watch it.  Those kids are absolutely amazing and can do things with food that I have never attempted.

3 comments:

  1. naww, thanks Ma, that is very sweet ;o)

    Beautiful card - love Mr Edwin in those colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I am so pleased you have entered our challenge for the first time. You card is stunning love the way you have coloured Edwin and the snowflakes look fantastic. Thank you for joining and sharing with us at MDUC we hope to see you again soon. Hugs Bron xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I love your take on this weeks sketch! The colouring is gorgeous and I love the touches of gold.

    Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under for the Sketch Challenge :)

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete